[commons-net] Ftp Connection Resuming
chen zero
2018-01-20 10:55:38 UTC
Hello,
First, I am appreciated that Apache create this great useful library,
I used it to download files from ftp server. however, since my network
connection is not stable, so, for a big file, it can not download.

I patched the commons-net to support connection resuming,
and in my testing, passed.
I will submit a pull request on the https://github.com/apache/commons-net
If this is the right procedure to follow ?

Thanks!
chenzero
Pascal Schumacher
2018-01-20 12:10:33 UTC
Hello Chenzero,

yes, that is the right procedure. Please also create an issue at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/NET and reference that in the pull
request title and in the commit message.

Thank you very much,
Pascal
chen zero
2018-01-20 13:07:22 UTC
Hi Pascal,
When I access "https://issues.apache.org/jira/NET", it display:

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Whether the server in maintenance, or my network is problem ?
(I tried refresh page in half an hour, all is "Service Unavailable")

chenzero
Pascal Schumacher
2018-01-20 14:11:44 UTC
Hi chenzero,

got the same error one or two hours ago (so it was really maintenance or
some server problem). Now it works for me.

- Pascal
Hi Pascal,
chen zero
2018-01-20 14:28:33 UTC
Hi Pascal,
Thanks!
I have created the jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NET-652
and submitted the pull request on the github.

Best Regards,
chenzero

Post by chen zero
Hi Pascal,
Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Whether the server in maintenance, or my network is problem ?
(I tried refresh page in half an hour, all is "Service Unavailable")
chenzero
Naber, Peter
2018-01-26 08:30:48 UTC
Hello Chenzero,

do you have commit the patch into the repository. If no, could you please post the patch, that I am able to patch my locale library.

Regards,

Pepe

For additional commands, e-m
Pascal Schumacher